Business in Edmonton has always been considered one of the most exciting opportunities you can have. There are so many things to do and see in this fascinating city, that it is easy to get distracted from your work and actually enjoy the experience. Getting started in the oil and gas sector in Edmonton offers so many opportunities for people who want to work their way up or down in this fast-moving industry.
There are so many industries that you can be a part of, from taking advantage of the ever-growing community of Edmonton and all its fabulous attractions, to getting into the private sector and running your own company from the comfort of your home. No matter what line of business you are interested in, you can find it in Edmonton.
Edmonton for Businesses
Edmonton is known to be the major economic centre in Alberta. It is also one of the major centres for the oil and gas industry, with the nickname of “Oil Capital of Canada”. The city shows $34.4 billion in projects for the oil and gas, oil sands, and pipeline sectors, making up for more than 15% of the economy. However, the remaining 85% enjoys a large portion of the economy, with real estate and business & services sectors being the 2nd and 3rd runner ups.
Outside of that, more than The Small Business Association in Edmonton has many resources that will help you find the perfect niche for you and your small business in Edmonton. One of the top business opportunities in Edmonton that the SBA focuses on is owner-operated businesses. Because there are so many small businesses in Edmonton and they all have unique qualities, there are so many opportunities to start a business in this ever-changing city. One of the benefits about starting a business in Edmonton – especially compared to other cities – is that it is easier to find a business in Edmonton than there are in smaller towns and cities without as many resources available.
In addition to the SBA, there are also many small business organizations in Edmonton that are willing to help entrepreneurs along if they see an opportunity for them to profit from the venture. These are organizations such as the Alberta Small Business Association. They can offer assistance and advice, and help you through the entire business startup process. Another helpful resource that can be found by doing a search online is the Direct Investing website. Here, you can find information about the different routes available to you when opening your own business in Edmonton.
Many aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners have found success doing business in Edmonton. Whether it’s by starting their own business, or expanding an existing business, doing business in Edmonton has proven to be successful for many entrepreneurs. This is because the city’s culture, products, and overall infrastructure complements the needs of a thriving small business, including dental practices.